Welcome back to the Little Squid Dev Blog!
AUDIO & SCRIPTS & DEADLINES, OH MY! There was a lot more behind the scenes/business action as a studio this month, so we didn’t have a lot of cool shots to share out on social as much. Never the less, here’s what’s been goin on!
AUGUST BUSINESS! This past month we've:
- Written a full script for the intro
- Implemented more narrative elements like text boxes and distinguishing internal vs. external thoughts
- Made even more background/art concepts
- Scripted (but like, the coding kind) & tested a new mechanic we’re excited about adding in
- Opted into the Autumn Steam Festival (more to come on that!)
- Applied to another online event (EGX Digital)
- Made more headway on audio effects & soundtracks (we’re basically foley artists now which is the real dream) Let us know which ones you like best here.
- Tuned into the Nintendo Indie World Showcase and Gamescom
- Continued working on getting a demo ready & outlining our next round of playtests
AUGUST GAMES! We actually got some gamin' in this month.
- Destiny (shoutout to Mason who facetimed us to play)
- The Master Chief Collection
- FALL GUYS (it’s all the rage)
- Moving Out (having moved about 5 times in 3 years, our skills did NOT translate)
- Slay the Spire (Brittney reached the fourth act on only her second play-through - didn't even know there was a 4th)
- Witcher 3 (we’ll finish it one day, but we completed the main quest of Gwent)
- Sweet Existence (an adorable table top from Nathan Pyle's Strange Planet comics)
- Magic the Gathering
- D&D! (After 8 months away, we finally got a virtual setup to play with)
- Zelda Breath of the Wild (100% it after 3 years)
What have you been playing these last few months? Anything we should be checking out?
Thanks as always for coming on this endeavor with us. See ya on the internet!